Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Why Gauge is important to crocheting

I've not made much progress on this weeks project. I was using the size N hook like the directions indicate. I was getting a very loose fabric. I do not like very loose crochet. I switched to a L hook and still was unhappy with the look of  it. I've started over completely with a K hook and I am much happier. I am pretty sure that the gauge will still be right. It is still measuring according to the pattern. I've not completed the number of rows required to measure the gauge that way, but it appears that it will be within tolerance for the gauge.

I do not normally create swatch to check for gauge, I know I should and it would have probably saved me time. Many times it honestly doesn't matter. If the gauge is off for this project, it will not be the end of the world. I think it is large enough that it will still be fine. My only concern is not having enough yarn. Obviously, projects like clothing require always checking your gauge to get the proper size and fit.

I don't really have any progress to show. I'll post pictures tomorrow! Have a great Crochet day!

No comments:

Post a Comment