Friday, January 13, 2012

Where do I find crochet patterns???

I thought I would take today to let you know how, where etc. to find crochet patterns. First of all, I don't have a lot of money to spend on buying patterns. I use two main sources, the internet and thrift stores. There are many sources for patterns on the internet, www.etsy.com, www.interweave.com and www.ebay.com are a few of the ones out there. My favorites are the FREE ones, www.allfreecrochet.com is basically links to thousands of free patterns on the internet! All of the major yarn manufacturers have websites with free patterns, but they are listed at all free crochet. So when I am looking for ideas for projects or specific styles of patterns my first stop is this website!
I also pick up craft and crochet books at thrift stores, yard sales etc. Some are very "vintage" the colors may not be my style but the pattern is great, especially when I apply a modern color palette to it. Although I noticed the latest JoAnn's ad had very 70's colors and patterns on the front. www.joanns.com I'm not sure I'm ready to return to the oranges and browns of the 70's.
My other option is to buy Crochet books or magazines using one of www.hobbylobby.com, http://www.michaels.com/ or JoAnn's great coupons or sales. There are also many books available at your local library, the only downside is you have to return it in a relatively short period of time.

I hope you have a great weekend and enjoy exploring the amazing resources for crochet patterns! Have a great Crochet day!

No comments:

Post a Comment