Thursday, January 26, 2012

Learning from Mistakes!

It's been a crazy day! I had an appointment that I thought would take about an hour, 3 hours later I'm home! The good news is I took my project with me and that helped keep busy. Unfortunately I found I had made a mistake in one the first rows. that mistake was one extra stitch that I didn't find, but it was leading to multiple extra stitches with each subsequent row. I did not want to pull out all of my progress, maybe pull out my hair, so I was glad to have time to sit a figure out how to "fix" the problem. I ended up decreasing until the extra stitches were gone, one corner of my wrap will be a little wonky, but that's okay. If you don't look close you won't notice and it's just not a big enough problem to undo two days of work. If I didn't feel that I was on a "deadline" I might start over. But, this forced to me to think about was to continue and make adjustments.

Being in an office waiting for people to come and go and help me, my project was a real conversation starter. This pattern definitely is an attention grabber. I think it opened doors for people to be friendlier and they are always curious about what I'm working on. I love that crochet provides such opportunities!

Now I need to work on cleaning my house, school work and all the other things that didn't get done while I was waiting! I'll post a picture of my progress tomorrow! I'm giving myself until Sunday to get the project complete, so instead of wearing it this weekend I may still be working on it and that is okay! I'm not pursing perfection, just trying to make time to relax and enjoy one of my favorite crafts.

Have a great Crochet day!

No comments:

Post a Comment