Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Starting over!

I'm glad I started over. It is a pain in the neck, but I know that if I'm not happy with the way it looks while I'm crocheting it, I'll never like the finished project. the size K hook is producing the look I want. That makes me happy! After posting yesterday I pulled every stitch out including the chain. That is a big deal for me, I hate counting 159 chains. I used stitch markers every 25 and it went much faster. I always tell my students to use stitch markers, but frankly sometimes I'm lazy and just don't bother, then I tend to end up spending 3 times longer creating the chain because I get distracted and lose count. So, I took my own advice and had success the first time around and it saved a lot of time. I need that time because I feel behind on this project.





We've been having some issues with homeschooling, he's just not wanting to get started on the work. One of the reasons I enjoy homeschooling is because we can start school at a time that is better for him, mood and focus wise. We're just not getting a time where he's wanting to do it. I don't want it to come down to a fight. I am instituting a "no electronics" policy after what I feel is the appropriate time to get down to business on the school work. We've seen so much progress on the behavioral side of his issues with autism since we began homeschooling and I don't want to trade them off for anything, but we need to be disciplined and do the work. Striking another balance in me life...

I was disappointed that I my weight didn't go down. It's okay, I know one of the major reasons is I'm not making the time to exercise! I need to be more disciplined about that and so many other areas of my life.

Have a great Crochet day and I look forward to sharing more progress with you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment