Friday, December 23, 2011

Wrapping up!

As we finish getting ready for Christmas it's caused me to become reflective of the past year and looking forward to the new year. A year ago I would have laughed out loud and called you a liar if you said that we would begin homeschooling, my husband would go back to school, I'd weigh 40 lbs less and be on the road to losing more, teaching crochet and jewelry to other homeschool kids and I'd be trying to keep our lives running during all of this! I'm amazed at what the Lord has done during 2011 and that we are actually surviving it all. I'm thankful for Lysa Terkeurst's bible study "Made to Crave" to work on the "want to" part of eating better and exercising and The 17-Day-Diet for the "how to". Exercising has been a challenge since walking is what I actually do and the weather isn't cooperating. I'm praying to get some extra money for a membership to the YMCA to help with that problem. Netflix has some good exercise videos but it's a challenge to make myself do them at home some days, there's just so much else that needs done that it's easy to put exercise on the bottom of the list. If you had told me that I would want to blog and maybe even have something to blog about I would have thought that was hilarious. I don't know that I have any amazing insights to share but I hope to encourage other people to carve out a little time for themselves to enjoy a craft or hobby that they enjoy. One thing I've learned (or relearned) is that I can't take care of all of my obligations if I don't first take care of myself, spiritually, physically, mentally & emotionally. My goal of completing one crochet project a week is a step in that direction! Merry Christmas! Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment