Monday, December 26, 2011

The day after...

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! Ours was very nice and peaceful! I couldn't have asked for more! I even finished the baby blanket I've been working on! For the edge I did a row of double crochets all the way around in the rose color and then did a 5 double crochet shell with single crochets between. I'm excited to give this away! Although part of me wishes I could keep it too!
I've begun a scarf pattern. I was trying to create my own design, and let's just say that will take more time and work! I found a very pretty shells and lace stitch that I'm working into a scarf. This is the foundation of the pattern http://www.ehow.com/how_2284142_crochet-shells-lace-stitch.html I did three repeats of this stitch and then I'm double crocheting to half way. Then I will repeat from the start with the shells and lace stitch for 3 repeats then double crochet to half way again and then join the two pieces. If I continued stitching, one side would be upside down. Since this design has what I consider to be an obvious right side up, I think this is a simple solution, and by joining in the center I can do a nice seam that will be barely noticable. Because I haven't officially begun my 2012 challenge I still need to have a goal for this week. My goals for this week are to finish the scarf and write lesson plans! Those two things in addition to all the everyday things of life will be enough! 

No comments:

Post a Comment