Thursday, December 22, 2011

What I'm working on now & List of January Projects

 What I'm currently working on:


Currently I'm working on baby blanket. I'm working the diagonal stitch using Vanna's Choice yarns in Antique Rose & Dusty Purple with a J hook. I'll give instructions for the diagonal stitch in another post. When it's complete I'll do a border. This is my favorite blanket pattern and it's amazingly versatile.

My Plan for January:

Week 1 - Flower Power Scarf
 http://www.caron.com/projects/ss_party/sspar_flower_power_scarf.html
I won't be buying new yarns for this project. I have a huge stockpile to use this year so I'll be selecting yarns from it.

Week 2 - Longmeadow Cuff
 http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/longmeadow-cuff
Stockpile yarns will be used. I'm looking forward to completing a broomstick lace project. Plus, I think these will be great for walks in the chilly weather!

Week 3 - Star Towel Holder. Link to follow. I'm excited about this one, it's a great alternative to the attached towel "toppers".

Week 4 - Caron One Skein Wrap. http://www.favecrafts.com/Crochet-Sweaters/Simple-One-Skein-Wrap-from-Caron. I may take advantage of Jo-Ann's Big Yarn Sale after New Year's Day to pick a special yarn since this is a wearable project. Or I might dig for a hidden treasure in my stash :)

I hope you will join me as I try to stitch some sanity into my life! I'm off to do lesson plans, bake bread and make Christmas cookies and this is a slow day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment