Friday, March 9, 2012

Changing the Rules.

I've spent some time thinking about my goal for the year. I like the idea of completing a project each week, but I'm finding that it's really not practical. As I was looking for projects for this month, I kept being drawn to larger projects. I've decided that I'll be flexible about the "week" issue. I'll still post and mix in smaller projects that can be accomplished in a week or do a larger project over a couple of weeks. The point of the goal wasn't to be rigid, it was to make me take a little time each day to focus on enjoying crocheting! So the project that I couldn't get "away" from that made me realize that it was time to adjust my thinking was this amazing jacket. I had seen one similar in a store, solid fabric but the same basic shape, and loved it. Unfortunately it was out of my price range. I love this one even better, I think I'm going to go look for a good deal on the yarn suggested, this is worth investing a little more in instead of digging through my stash, although, if I can't find a good deal I'll look at the stash again! So here's the link for Caron International Yarns, Lightweight Zen Jacket. I'm happy to say that I'll be making a size L/XL and hope that it drapes nicely as I lose more weight :)
http://www.favecrafts.com/Crochet-Sweaters/Lightweight-Zen-Jacket

Have a great Crochet day!

No comments:

Post a Comment